Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Crafting During Peace

I am writing from Pennsic LIII, which I’m tempted to call ‘Wind-sic’ just because of the strong breezes here on the Serengeti. We’ve doubly batten the hatches on our shade tarp, anchoring the legs and the roof too.  I really don't want it sailing into our neighbors, or even out to the highway.

The merchants have been open three days and I have already overspent my budget. That’s mostly because I went into the clothing store I swore I was going to stay away from this year… Sigh.   I do wear their clothes year round, not just at events. The other budget-breaker is a box loom patterned after historic images. It’s gorgeous. And I already have a use for it.


I am representing my barony at the Runningmede A&S Challenge this year. As our Excellencies’ Champion, the honor fell first to me. I’m quite excited about this. I will be entering the tablet weaving project from my last post. The box loom will be warped with the same pattern as the first loom, but this time I will use the tubular edging the original pattern had.


There will be more later, after I warp the loom and start on the pattern.

Posting from Pennsic LIII,

~ Marjorie

No comments:

Post a Comment