Thursday, November 17, 2016

Running Pants

My husband likes to run.  He is also hooked on this medieval game of ours.  His persona, Temyl von Zweibrücken, is from 16th century Germany and is a commedia dell'arte performer. On Thanksgiving Day he plans to combine the two and run a 10K dressed as one of the Commedia stock characters, specifically, Pantalone.  He's already ordered a red fez and a Pantalone mask. Now I get to make red pants for him.




Pantalone is usually portrayed in red tights, and I will eventually make these for him.

But for this occasion, we're going with the pants version.

I'll use the same pattern I used for his plunderhosen, only put less material around each leg.

Here he is from Pennsic 45, playing Pantalone.  He really needs red garb!


I'm off to the cutting table.

~ Marjorie

1 comment: