Tuesday, December 27, 2016

The Old Year Passeth

The end of an event-filled 2016 is fast approaching and I have a few moments to catch my breath before the new year arrives, with it's share of happenings and Events.  This past year included:


Receiving our AOAs at our first Birka.  Our friend had to find my husband because he hates court and was hibernating elsewhere on site.

Our son's wedding in April, for which I made my dress.  Because he needed help with the arch, I left a day earlier than planned, toting my sewing machine, half-made dress and iron with me.


The birth of our first grandchild, three weeks early.  Which nixed me teaching my first class.  It would have happened the following weekend at Wars of Roses.  Still haven't taught that "First Class".

Pennsic XLV, for which I made a rope bed for us (thanks to John fitz Thomas for all his help, and access to the COG in Troy).  It did what all rope beds do, it S-A-A-G-G-E-D.  I have plans to modify it to a slat bed for next time.

Pennsic also included my first A&S display, which I have previously mentioned here.

Shortly after Pennsic, I took my grandson to his first event, Hunter's Moon, in the Shire of Anglespur.  He had a grand time and charmed all who met him.  I also learned a thing or two about making garb for wee ones which I will share when I have a few more examples finished.

Then life went sideways when my daughter and her family, including cat, moved back home while they were in between apartments. I still haven't recovered and they're still with us.

And here they are!  My husband's red running pant.  I have plans to make the complete Pantalone ensemble in the future, but this is what he wore for the Troy Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving day.  I was up until 3:30 am hand-sewing them and somehow still managed to host our son and his wife that day.

That brings us up to Christmas and the main present-receiver of the day.  He's wearing a pair of slippers I crocheted for him based on a photo I saw.

With smiles like that every day, do you wonder why I like my life?

This year I also committed to being our barony's Chronicler and Clerk for two years, which means I get to be my own boss, or my own minion, depending on how you look at it.

Next year is already shaping up to include more sewing and apprenticing than this year has.  Thank you, God!  I'll have more things to blog about.

Wishing you a safe and healthy New Year,

~ Marjorie

No comments:

Post a Comment